Monday, September 21, 2009

Simple Gift Tag


I told you that I would have a few things pre-posted while I was gone this week!!! This tag just kind of created itself! Well not exactly but it was definately created using one of my ADHD skills of getting side tracked while doing something else. I was packaging up gifts for my daughter Emily (the one attending Univ of Hawaii) and the wrapped gift just needed something else. So I stopped packaging and ran off to create a gift tag. That Cute Victorian Girl made it so easy. She was cut from the Crafty Secrets "Creative Scraps"- Girlfriends . I inked the edges and adhered her to the tag. The tag itself was a die cut that came in a scrapbooking kit. Not sure if you will be able to see that I sprayed the Prima Flowers with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in "Sandy Beach" to give them a more vintage tea dyed appearance. They also have a subtle sparkle to them. Being the impatient person that I am, I dried them using my heat gun. The "E" was silver, so I colored it using a Copic Marker, tied a bit of twine around the top then glued. 5 minutes, OK MAYBE 10 and I was able to add that extra UMPH that will make opening her care package that more fun.
Time is running out for the ABC Design Team Challenge. Remember, I am competing against the other DT gals in a friendly little competition to see who generates the most sales. Want to help me out and SAVE MONEY???? Use the following Code to save 15% off your entire purchase at ABC Toys & Crafts.

8 comments:

Mina said...

stunning Justine and i love that ribbon...hope your having a fab time, Im sssssooooo jealous lol
Mina xxx

Stef H said...

i was surpised to see your post because i knew you were away. completely forgot about pre-posting! DUH!!! hope you're having a blast!

love that tag. it's gorgeous and awesome and beautiful and i hope it's attached to my next present - LOL.

hugs,

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh just gorgeous.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is beautiful. I love vintage and your tag is out of site. BTW, I mailed DH a package of cards last week.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This is just beautiful Justine!!Hope you are having a good time.

Golden said...

Emily should kiss the ground you walk on. What a wonderful tag.I love the ribbon, flowers(tied with string and button)oh dang, I like it all. Later, Linda
p.s. My mother must really suck.

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a beautiful vintage gift tag, which looks spectacular with that ribbon and packaging! AWESOME!

Erin Smetak said...

WOW! Justine, you do vintage VERY well! I am so impressed!!!! Absolutely delightful! I hope Emily loves it as much as we all do!!!

Hugs!
Erin