Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I've been FEATURED again







Check out Nichole Heady's Blog, Capture the Moment. She is the owner of PaperTrey Ink that you always here me raving about. Click Here and then scroll down until you see my little claim to Fame..................... 2 months in a Row

My Cyber friend Laura Frederickson has been such an inspiration to me. I love how I can go to her blog and see several sketch challenges in one place, rather than cruise around to 4 or 5 different blogs. Now I have no idea how she is able to jump on those things and get her submissions created and uploaded as quickly as she does. Perhaps if I didn't get side tracked...... HMMMMM Nonetheless, I do have two that I will share with you today and hopefully you too will be inspired to play along.

First up is the Mojo Monday #70. If you do play, use the code MOJO70 over on SCS so that we can all take a peek. The difficulty I had was trying to scale everything down to fit on a standard A2 card. Then came the challenge that with all of the overlapping layers, I couldn't get it to adhere correctly. I should have just used dimensionals for my ice cream cone. This stamp is by DeNami Design but it has been a good one for me to practise my Copic coloring on. I sure will be glad when I get some decent ink that doesn't bleed. I did order the Momento Black Tuxedo but who knows when it will get here. Something is going on with our mail. We are still waiting on Christmas boxes ;o(. This Cardstock and Designer Paper is the new Raspberry Fizz by PTI, is it not to die for?? The circle is stamped with the matching ink and I used the Polka Dot Basics stamps.

Next Sketch is the Viva La Verve Week 3 sketch challenge. (VLVJAN03 will be used if you upload at SCS) This one had a twist, which was to use PINK. Does that look like it would ever be a challenge for ME?? Now to NOT use PINK, that could be challenging. And OH lookey there more Polka Dots.... YUMMY. These little ice creams were stamped with Staz On on watercolor paper than I used a blending pen mixed with inks to blend my colors. They are mounted using foam squares. The tag was created using a Nestabilities die. The sentiment is from the new PTI set "Love Songs". While the ink was still wet, I sprinkled it with Dazzling Diamonds for a little sparkle. I used my sewing machine for the Zig Zag stitching.

That's it for me today. I have been creating all kinds of things so I hope that you will come back soon. Don't forget to go over to Nichole's blog and see my name in LIGHTS................ and also to leave a comment with the link to your sketch challenge if you decide to play.

No comments: