Sunday, January 18, 2009
Valentine Treat Box Tutorial
My goal is to give you enough details that you will be able to create this too. If you do make your own, leave me a comment with the link so that everyone can take a peek.
Supplies and Tools needed:
Nestabilities (square scallops)
Paper Cutter or Score Pal
1/8" hole punch
Permanent Glue (I use Tombow)
5 - 4"x 4" scallop squares using a heavy weight Cardstock (CS)
4 - 3"x 3" scallop squares using coordinating Designer Paper (DP)
1 - 1 1/4" x 8 1/2" Strip of CS
1 - 1" x 8 1/2" Strip of DP
2 - coordinating brads
1. Using your cutting/embossing machine, cut out 5 large scalloped squares. Set the 5th square to the side, this will be the Box Bottom.
2. Take 4 of the large scalloped squares and Score along 3 of the sides at 1/2"
3. The un-scored side will be the top of your box - Take your paper snips and cut off the last scallop on the bottom corners - This will allow the bottom to be folded inwards.
4. Fold the sides forward - Apply glue - Take another side and press them together, making sure that the scallops are aligned - At this stage it will look like a hollow Square Tube.
5. Make sure that the bottom scalloped edges are folded inwards - Apply glue to the outside scallops - Press the hollow box onto the Box Bottom.
6. Adhere the DP squares to the box sides.
7. On opposite sides of the box - Locate the center and punch a hole approximately 3/4" from the top.
Creating and attaching the handle
1. Glue the DP strip on top of the plain CS strip.
2. At about 3/4" from each end, Punch hole
3. With the handle on the inside of the box - Align the holes and Attach Brads.
Your Box is Complete now decorate as desired.
....................What did I use.................
PaperTrey Ink: Love Songs stamp set, Rasberry Fizz - perfect match ink, polka dot satin ribbon, solid cardstock and designer patterned paper, Dark Chocolate ink, white cardstock
Marvy Uchida scallop circle punches
Nestabilities large scallop squares
heart rhinestone for nail art,
Stampin'Up: chocolate chip cs
Copic marker cool grey for shadow
Making Memories brads