Thursday, January 22, 2009

Be Mine


The other day I posted the card with the Verve hearts and the little buttons. The heart at the top of that card was first stamped and then punched out with one of my new EK Success heart punches. Well as I was cleaning my craft table, and organizing all of the scraps (not my favorite thing to do) I ran across these "hollow hearts". They were too pretty to just toss so I started playing around and this card is what I ended up with.....

Isn't it the yummiest. These colors remind me of Neopolitan Ice Cream.

Basically all I did to the hearts was to cut around one side of the heart on the left, matched up the corners and attached a small piece of DP to the back. The corners are punched with the SU ticket punch. After stacking the layers, attaching brads, I then adhered it to the card base using foam squares.
The sentiment is also from the Verve Heart to Heart set. I stamped it twice to achieve the shadow on the word "mine". The tag was created using the Ribbon tag slides by Nestabilities on Pink Piroque CS by SU. Not sure if you can see in the photo how the tag is bowed just a bit giving it added dimension. This is achieved by using a thick or wide ribbon.

The 1" scalloped strips of chocolate chip cs were first punched with the Scallop Edge punch (SU) and then pierced with a Craft Needle. I placed my pieces on a mouse pad, centered the needle in each scallop and poke a hole. When I push the needle through, I wiggle it (more of a tilting, not spinning) in circles to create a larger hole. The inside of the card was stamped using the same heart but the sentiment there is from PTI.

Thanks for stopping by. I am off to go create some Valentine Treats and gifts so stay tuned.

..................Recipe................
Verve: heart to heart stamp set
Stampin Up: pink piroque, chocolate chip, certainly celery cardstocks, chocolate chip ink, scallop edge punch, ticket corner punch, pink mini brads
PaperTrey Ink: heart prints stamp set
Tree House Market: striped dp
The Paper Studio: polka dot satin ribbon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Everybody,

Wow, I love your card ideas on this site, so cute, and perfect for Valentines Day coming up!
Ahhhh!!!!!!!!! I am getting really stressed out over Valentines Day already! Last year I was really down, and to compensate I ate A LOT of ice-cream! I really hope this year will be different! Don't you think there is always so much pressure on everyone to "get it right" with Valentines Day cards/booking meals way in advance/flowers/gifts... the list goes on!! However, I have found a new way to send greetings, and this all down to my lovely friend Alice. She sent me an e-Card for Christmas, (she was in New Zealand over the festive season) and I thought it was such a cool way to send greetings, I have now been converted!
I have trawled the internet and have found some really cool sites, but my fav one so far is called http://www.ecards.co.uk I found it really easy to use and the best thing is that it's free! Lots of different themes of cards to choose from, and lots of funny, and cute ones too. There is a great application where you can load your own photos and add them to the card.(This is called Face It) I put one of my mum in there and sent it to her, he said it made her smile. You can load different photos of your friends into different cartoon characters! My favorite one is the cartoon of Elvis dancing!
Just wanted to share my findings with you! Hope you have a good Valentines Day whatever you do!
Love, Hugs, and Peace, Nicole.

Stephanie said...

Totally original & fantastic layout & colour combination - a very gorgeous card! x

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful and creative result from "scraps"!

Golden said...

I like both of your creations here. You are just so crafty.
Later, Linda

Anonymous said...

Justine,

I just wanted to say that I sent this "Neopolitan" card to my best friend in the states for Valentine's Day, and she wrote that it brought her to tears when she opened it, so your cards really do make a huge impact!

I also sent the other two cards you made to other good friends, and they wrote, "That was one of the most beautiful cards I have ever received!" (she is in her late 60's, so I'll bet she has received a great number of cards in her lifetime!) The other friend wrote: "I received a beautiful valentine from you today. Those cards are truly amazing."

Keep the wonderful cards coming...let's see...St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner!!

DB