Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thanksgiving Invite


Yeah, somebody must have said a little prayer for me because I actually started AND completed an entire card.  

I was asked to create a few Thanksgiving invitations recently and this is what I have come up with so far.  This might be my favorite type of "challenge", when someone just says "this is what I need" and then I take it from there.  OO and of course I have a million other designs running around in my head so I will end up with a dozen cards even though I was only tasked to create a couple. 

Having too many cards on hand is exactly what I am going to need.  I have decided to take my cards in another little direction.  Since I get so many people asking me for cards, I am going to start doing little card shows.  I am thinking something simple like a little cocktail party where I or a hostess invites folks over for happy hour, a little shopping, a little gossip, just a little social hour with friends. Nothing complicated, no workshop, no waiting for products, basically a relaxing atmosphere where the "Card Shop" comes to you...........  I have several ladies that are very excited about this idea, I would love to know what others think, as well as, any ideas or advice that you may have. Please leave me a comment on this post.......

I am so happy with how this card turned out, I just wish that I had more of these little tag holders.  Heat embossing isn't a technique that I tend to use very often but I love how this turned out.  Not sure the photo does it justice.  The pumpkin was created using the oval punch by SU. The stem is from PTI's Spooky Treats but the 3-D stem is just a piece of scrap that I curled around a small stylus and then glued in place.  I sponged and inked the edges of everything (but of course)....

I'm glad you stopped by and don't forget to leave me a comment to let me know what you think about my "Card Shop".........

No comments: