Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Halloween Goody Box


Happy Hump Day ;o)  I hope that everyone is having a wonderful day.  I feel so relaxed after being able to spend my day Subbing at the High School.  Oh we all know how much I LOVE to put down my stamps, leave my state of the art "Craft Room" and go to work.  However, today was like no other.  First I was subbing for the Art teacher, yippee, crafts my favorite.  Second, I taught an entire class of ZERO, ZILCH, NIENTE, NADA!!!!!!!!!  
The entire base is involved in training excercises including the school.  Without going into more details than necessary, just know that I discovered that I rather enjoy the magazine Better Homes and Gardens. Who Knew?? Certainly not I.. Amazing what one discovers when they have no one to talk to, no computer and stacks of recycled magazines.....(and I got paid for these discoveries).  

At one point I did have the opportunity to speak to another teacher and discovered that she is a former SU demonstrator.  We'll have to see about getting her signed back up.

Alright enough about my day of leisure, let's move onto a cute little Goody Box that I was playing around with.  I think this thing my have taken a whopping 10 minutes to create.  I don't think that the photo really does it much justice. You really cannot see the scalloped edge on the flap or that the little purple spider is also embossed and dangling or suspended from under the flap.  

I stamped the hat, sentiment and spiders using VersaMark and black embossing powder and then heated them with the heat tool.  The little spider was first stamped all over the Tangerine Tango CS in Tangerine Tango and black prior to scoring, cutting and folding.  The hat is adhered using the left-over foam scraps from new stamps.  I really love re-using that stuff vs. my foam squares.  It really gives your image a nice lift for added dimension.  I also used a small scrap piece of the  Kiwi Kiss  CS to make the little hat band/accent. 

 I used the SU 1/4" circle to punch the purple dots and adhered them to the top flap prior to punching the holes for the ribbon.  I just felt like it need a bit more color and that they would also re-enforce the holes.  

Seeing that it is almost midnight, I am going to wrap this up by thanking you for taking the time to stop by and I'll see you tomorrow.  I'll come back in the morning and complete the measurements and recipe.......................
..............................................Recipe...............................
Score 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock at 2", 5", 7", 10"
All products are by Stampin' Up!
paper: tangerine tango, kiwi kiss, whisper white, always amethyst
ink: tangerine tango, basic black
stamps: eat, drink & be scary
tools: scallop edge punch, 1/2 circle punch
misc: black & white gingham ribbon, heat tool, black embossing powder, versa mark, 



No comments: