Thursday, October 23, 2008

Baby Buggy


This entire card was created around the polka dot piece of cardstock !!! This isn't the first time that I have done this but I just cannot throw out the little thank you that is enclosed in my PaperTrey Ink packages. I just received a new package of goodies that I had ordered and I am thinking that I should probably be more excited about the new stamp sets and ribbon rather than the thank you card???

It has taken me a day or so to re-cooperate from my first SU workshop. The workshop itself seemed a bit boring and I have discovered that I am not so sure I enjoy allowing other people to touch all of my "Toys"..... I couldn't just come home and put everything back in it's original place. OH NO, that would require complete rearranging of my "Craft Room"!!!!!!!!!!!! After the show, I spent the afternoon rearranging, so no stamping. Monday, I could not begin to create until my ENTIRE house was scrubbed!!!!!! Afterwards, I sat in my little room and just starred at my supplies and was drawing a complete blank. Eventually I started creating bookmarks but I have yet to actually complete one.

Today and tomorrow I will be subbing so NO CREATING!!!!!!!!!! Remember the old saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? Well, I should probably just end right there.

Alright fine, I won't leave you completely hanging. The little baby buggy is from the Fun & Fast Notes stamp set by SU. I have been reaching for that set over and over lately. I stamped it in white, heat embossed it but then I really wanted it to pop a bit more so I used a white gel pen to trace over the buggy. I thought it was very clever how the hostess stamp set coordinated so well, therefore I used it to stamp the envelope. My new favorite tool has got to be the scallop edge punch from SU. I have a similar one from Fiskars, which does not punch through the SU or PTI cardstocks. I had delayed purchasing this punch thinking that it wouldn't either. Not a problem at all. I love it!!!!

I do have some new cards to upload so hopefully I can motivate myself enough to edit and share them. Thanks for dropping by.
................Recipe......................
Cardstock: whisper white(SU), Aqua Mist, Blush (PTI)
Patterned paper: PTI
Stamps: Fun & Fast Notes, Hostess level 1 (SU)
Ribbon: blush swiss dot (PTI)
Tools: Nestabilities (spellbinders), Scallop edge punch , Heat Tool (SU)
Ink: craft white, clear embossing powder, white gel pen (SU)

No comments: