Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Harvest Time




Today was my first official day to be "unemployed" again..... Not sure you can ever say that a wife and mother is ever "Unemployed". Basically a stay at home mom never actually leaves work!!!!  We work nights, weekends, holidays and never call in sick!!  And you know what, I think that is the best, most rewarding job of all...  I'm sure I don't say it nearly as often as I should but I am very VERY thankful for my family.  I take tremendous pride in my "work" here at home and I was spreading myself to thin.  My husband and children were taking a back seat to "my children" at school.  I feel very fortunate to be able to make that decision and realize that for many families, that isn't an option.  I salute you ladies (and gentlemen) that are able to pull off working both inside and outside of your homes.

  I awoke this morning to a crisp, clean feel in the air.  I cannot believe it is almost fall.   I decided to pull out all of my Autumn decorations and do a bit of decorating.  Afterwards, I had time to play around in my "workshop".  I had started the base of this card when I was making my husband's birthday card.  I think I had decided that I didn't like the leaves that I stamped on this one.  They don't match the leaves in the patterned paper. (no I don't need anyone else to tell me how AR that is, I do a good job of telling myself).  Nonetheless, I was glad to have it sitting there to inspire an autumnish looking card.  

I took a few photos and forgive me if they all look the same.  I don't have my glasses on so it is making editing more difficult.  I was amazed at how three dimensional the pumpkins looked. The cream card stock is mounted with dimensionals but each pumpkin is on the cream cardstock.  I stamped them using the masking technique.  I also used combinations of markers, colored pencils, an aqua marker, and sponging to create a more vintage feel.  

Now that I am home during the day, I am hoping to keep up with my blog on a more regular basis.  Stop by tomorrow, I have several more cards to share :)
...............................................................................................
Supplies:
ink: pumpkin pie, sage shadow, mellow moss, river rock, wild wasabi, close to cocoa (SU), colored pencils (prism), paper: wild wasabi, more mustard, chocolate chip, very vanilla (SU), patterned paper (SEI), Ribbon: chocolate chip cross grain (SU), stamps: spooky treats (PTI), ? leaf (SU)

No comments: