Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School


So I am a teensy bit late posting a back to school photo. I'd think that you were used to that by now...... This is my son Adam.  Isn't he handsome in his very carefully picked out "first day of school outfit"?  Back to school shopping has got to be the very best part about school.  I even enjoy picking out the supplies.  Living here in Sicily and doing the majority of our shopping on base it isn't nearly as much fun.  I looked around my classroom and every single student had the exact same trapper keeper and backpack.   Boring!!! 

I can still remember some of my back to school outfits, lunch boxes, backpacks and many other things associated with this grande event.  I am so glad that I have made it a family tradition to snap a photo of my children on the 1st and last day of each school year.  It is amazing to see how much they grow and change in those months.  

This Sock Monkey card was created over the weekend. I am having fun with this new SU set but it really isn't as versatile as I would have liked.  I guess there is only so much you can do with a monkey?  Come back tomorrow and I will show you another Monkey  card that I am working on for a swap................

No comments: