Monday, August 4, 2008

You are my Sunshine


How's this for SUNNY?  I know it sure beats the gloomy mood I was in yesterday.  Today has been fabulous.  My new cleaning lady Manuela (aka: Emily) scoured the house from top to bottom, while I made CARDS......... Heaven? Perhaps.  

I have been unable to hire my old cleaning lady back since we returned to Sicily. Her prices stayed the same 36 euro, however, that is $56 and I can't justify paying that much for something I already do for free.  Emily charges $40 and actually cleans to MY STANDARDS ;o) She decided that this would not only be helping me to be less neurotic/stressed but it allows her to make a little pocket change w/out even leaving the house.  

Back to my sunshine card. All of the ribbons that were used for this come from a little can of scrap ribbon. Like I said earlier, nothing is too small (remember the eyeballs from the easter bunnies?)  I used the cricut to cut a sun shape, which is behind the ribbons and adhered to the card base. Kind of adds depth, in my opinion.  Next, I punched a circle, glued the ribbons onto the back then adhered the whole piece onto the sun.  Thinking that it needed a little something more, I sketched the face onto the yellow circle. Notice that it matches the sunshine on the tag.

I hope that my sunshine brings a smile to your face and inspires you to recycle your scraps. Leave me a comment with a link so that I can see how you use your scraps. See ya'll tomorrow.

No comments: