Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Girlfriends



I wish I could bottle up the sounds of the birds, my fountain and the feel of the cool morning air on my skin.  Much like "Wine Time", early morning before everyone has started stirring, is my other favorite time of day.  I wish it were summer all year (awww flashes of Hawaii).   Obviously being off work has it's advantages but there seems to be something magical about this time of year. The days are long and everyone comes out of their house to walk, do yard work etc.  One of my girlfriends just passed by and we made plans to spend Saturday evening here at my house drinking a little vino, making a little pasta. but mostly just enjoying friendship.  

Being a military family can definitely be challenging, however, I cannot imagine not having the security or camaraderie of our community.  Yes we move every few years but we have friends all over the world and no-one is a stranger for long.  So today I salute YOU, GIRLFRIENDS of the PAST, PRESENT and FUTURE...............................

I suppose that brings me to this card.  This card started out as a baby card.  Again I used some of the new "in" colors by SU.  The plaid, star, cutout was a scrap left over from the "bundled in love" baby card.  I spray painted the metal "girlfriends" script and adhered it with TomTom glue.  That glue is quickly becoming one of my favorite adhesives. It is supposed to be re positional until it dries, however, it dries fast!!!! That is important since I am very impatient. I've gotta see if I can find some more of this plaid paper. I have been using it so much lately. I have even seen it used by some fellow bloggers and it isn't even new. I purchased it well before moving overseas.  

Until next time, I hope that everyone takes the time to enjoy the simple things.
.............................................................................................................................
Supplies:
paper: Bo Bunny, SU
stamps: PTI
Tools: Cricut(provo craft), star punch (SU)
Misc: metal "girlfriends" (MM), large rhinestones (?)

1 comment:

Bethany Paull said...

Awesome! All of the stars and embellishments are placed in "just" the right spot. And yep, I love that paper too.