Friday, August 22, 2008

Welcome Baby




Friday already????? I came home, at ice cream and pizza (yes in that order) and crashed  out on the sofa!!!  I have absolutely no plans for this weekend! Hopefully I get some energy and feel inspired to go into my workshop (lol, we all know it's a closet) and come up with something fabulous. The studends start back to school on Monday so if I thought I was tired this week, just wait.........  I need to sit down and try to come up with some birthday ideas for my husband. He will be 40 in a couple of weeks!!!!!! 

This card came together in less than 5 minutes.  Of course the little center embellishment was what I had pulled off of the card from yesterday.  The part that looks as though it is strips of paper is actually a "piece" of patterned paper!!!  The quality is wonderful.  At first I thought it was a piece of stiff fabric.  The photo does not do it justice but when you look at it, it appears as though it is textured but it isn't.  The manufacturer is Miss Elizabeth's. This week we  received  a wonderful care package from Kristy.  She had placed two of these Miss Elizabeth scrap packs in the box along with sooooooooooOOOOO many other goodies.  I have attached a photo of Adam opening the box. He was so thrilled to receive mail but beside himself with joy when he found the two Xbox games she had mailed to HIM!!!!  She is so good to send us care packages and makes sure that each one of us receives goodies.....  I also love having the opportunity to put together a care package for someone and try to find typical Sicilian things that you wouldn't find stateside.

I have no idea what I will come up with to share with you tomorrow but I have been wanting to so altering of items!!! I am trying to come up with some clever way of storing all of the special cards and letters that I have received from Dave throughout the years. Enjoy your Friday....

No comments: