Thursday, August 21, 2008

Reach for the Stars


I am glad that this day is finally over and that I am finally getting a chance to sit down. I was finally given a key to my room and able to begin setting it up. That is my favorite part about starting the new year. Unfortunately it is not nearly as much fun setting up a classroom for high school and middle school students. They're not really into the typical cutesy, apple, first day of school motif decor that I seem to have an abundance of.  

This card has actually been several different styles before I settled on this.  Settle is the key word.  I cannot seem re-create the idea that is in my head.  It began life as a baby card.  After I had already adhered layers and embellishments I pulled them off.  Nothing is spacing out correctly. I put the stars and the swirly things in odd locations  so everything appears to be just splattered about.  I did use some pretty cool techniques though.  The silver stars were created by pressing a piece of whisper white cardstock into the versamark pad, then coating it with sterling silver embossing powder and melting it with a heat gun.  It will look like a silver square or rectangle. Next I used the large star punch from SU and punched out a star.  The little stars and swirls were stamped and embossed.  

 Eventually I ended up with a baby card and tomorrow I will show you what I did with the items that I removed from this card.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great evening. 
.............................................................................................................

No comments: