Sunday, August 17, 2008

My View








I don't have a card to upload this evening but I thought it would be nice to show you some of the views taken from my house.  The two sunrise photos are my view each morning while I get ready for work.  With a sunrise like that how can you NOT throw the windows open and be in awe?  They say that a picture is worth a thousand words and I do believe it to be true in this case.  There are no words to describe the majestic way in which the entire sky transforms as the sun creeps up over the mountains.

Although I don't have a photo, the sunsets are just as magical.    The sun slides behind another mountain range, on the opposite side of my house, and rewards me with just as splendid a sunset.  Each are worthy of taking your breath away. 

I added a couple of others to show some of the areas around my house.  The castle in the fog is the only one that was not actually taken from my residence.  It is about 2 miles down the road but is one of many facinating sights that I see each time I drive here in Sicily.  Of course I must throw in a shot of our glorious Volcano, Mt. Etna. If you look closely, you can see all of the towns scattered all around.  Mt. Etna is the most active volcano in Europe.  We have witnessed 3 major eruptions, the last of which was in 2002.  The town of Mineo, which sits right above us, was completely destroyed by an earthquake in the 1600's, caused by Mt. Etna. The town was rebuilt and is one of my favorite places to hang out.  You can see Mineo in the photo of the rainbow (I think).  The photo of the valley was also taken just after sunrise and shows all of the farm land and orchards that surround us. This valley leads up to Mineo.  

 The  2 photos taken of my backyard are my views from where I sit and enjoy my evening glass of wine. If you click on each photo, they will enlarge and you will get a much better look.
 I'll be back tomorrow to share a card that I am just in love with..........................

No comments: