Monday, August 18, 2008

Dry Embossed Pineapple



Hope you survived my last post. I tend to get a somewhat long winded especially when I get to talking about Sicily. Perhaps I should attempt to list the things I don't care for. That might take all of 2 seconds. Nonetheless, I hope that you enjoyed the photos and getting the opportunity to take a peek into this wonderful country that we call HOME!!!!!!!

I had so much fun playing around with this card. So much so that I have actually created 2 of them.  Still don't have the copic markers but I don't think I did to bad playing around with chalks and the stamp n write markers.  I did so many things to this little pineapple to create this look. First I dry embossed it which I am sure my neighbors wonder what in the heck I am doing.  I don't care for the embossing light table so I stick my stencils to a window and use the sun as my light source.  This works best for me but it is actually somewhat painful to the arms to be raised up pressing.  After embossing I started out using chalks with a q-tip, then I sponged it, inked the edges, sanded it, used the markers, used a dry paint brush with the chalks then sponged it some more.  I didn't take a photo of the second one but it has a completely different look.  

The inside is lined with a cream 100% cotton paper, stamped with a palm leaf and the sentiment "Thank you for your hospitality". I thought this to be very be-fitting since the pineapple is the symbol for hospitality.  The envelope is also stamped with the palm leaf using two different colors. I believe the technique is called rock and roll, where you press your stamp in the lighter stamp pad then roll the edges around the darker stamp pad???  The insides of the envelopes are lined with the printed paper.

The twill tape was stamped in black using a sentiment from Mixed Messages by PTI.  Check back tomorrow for a Whole Latte Love!!!!!!!!!
.......................................................................................
paper: kiwi kiss, baja breeze, very vanilla(SU), dill blossoms paper pad (SEI
ink: tea dye(tim holtz ranger ink), mellow moss, basic black(su)
stamps: mixed messages(PTI)
embellishments:3/8" twill tape, 3 mini brads(SU)
tools:craft needle, paper piercing mat

No comments: