Saturday, July 19, 2008

Come fly with me




No post yesterday, Sorry ;o(  I was having a personal crisis due to my lack of computer knowledge.  For so long now, I have been wanting  to submit  my work to a few publications. The last several cards that I created, I took notes on the products I was using. Are you proud of me or WHAT??? Without going into how computer illiterate I happen to be, I have FINALLY submitted my very first item to PaperCraft Magazine.......

WISH ME LUCK, WISH ME LUCK, WISH ME LUCK

Just getting the thing submitted makes me giddy with excitement, I cannot image my enthusiasm WHEN one of my creations gets accepted!!!!!!!!!  

My  MOJO is so back!!!!! I feel as though I am on a "CREATION VACATION".  The only time that I left my house this week was to get my hair did.  I have even been stepping out of my comfort zone, which brings me to the "card of the day"..............  Kid cards are not really my thing but I wanted to use some of the die cuts that my big sister, Jana, made for me.  My favorite part are the little people looking out of the airplane.  I stamped them on a seperate piece of cardstock using the boy and girl from "Loads of Love" (SU) and colored them in with "Stampin' Write" markers.  The little clouds were sponged using a dauber with white and bliss blue ink to give them some depth and texture. Since the card has a clear cover on it, you could even stamp a sentiment onto the cloud paper, under the airplane.   The lines on the inside were done freehand.  Even if I had a straight line stamp, it probably wouldn't be straight ;o)  I really like how the patterened side of the paper is on the inside of the card. I didn't intentionally do that. In fact, I was trying to match up the blue from the airplane and cloud when I discovered that the patterned paper Jana had sent to me was 2-sided.  Perfect Match..........  

A big thank you goes out to my sister Jana for her care package and taking the time to use her Cricut to create die-cuts for me. (yes I have a cricut, I am too cheap to actually purchase the cartridges)

Recipe: (sort of)
......................................................................................
Stamps: (loads of love, hugs and wishes) SU; (it's a celebration, limitless labels) PTI
Ink: (bashful blue, not quit navy, white, chocolate chip, green galore, blush blossom, creamy caramel, bordering blue, more mustard) SU;

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Probably I can say with this blog make, more some interesting topics.