Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Little Girls


Whew, what a busy day. I am having such a relaxing, non-eventful summer that days like today wear me out....... Spent the morning getting new military id's and my civilian id for work.   Ya'll will get a kick out of my civilian ID. They allowed me to make a face!!! ;o) That is all I will tell you except that it will make you LOL.....

Everything seems to be going very smoothly as we get Emily enrolled for school and settled for life in Sicily.  She will be attending University of Maryland.   The tuition is SOOOOOOOOO HIGH, almost triple what we were paying at Univ. of Hawaii.   So let that be a lesson, when you think you have saved enough for your children's education, save MORE.!!!!!  
She picked up two applications for employment and even made a couple of friends.  She and I attended a Family Readiness Group meeting this evening and two of the wives are her AGE w/no children.  They seemed to hit it off.  

On to the card....  This is the one that I was working on over the weekend and am not sure that I really like it.  I keep thinking that it needs something else but have no idea what. Everything I try seems to make it look overdone and tacky.  Perhaps it is because it's purpose and the recipient are very important. Won't go into details but I need the perfect card.  Now that I think of it maybe I should use that Angel card that I had created for a competition a few months ago. I could just print out the sentiment and adhere it to the inside of that card. HMMMMMMMM now my wheels are turning. Great, I will never be able to go to sleep.  The background and the tag are stamped with French Script (SU retired).  I distressed everything using a variety of inks, a nail file and my fingernail.  I trimmed the red poppy from a piece of patterned paper.  The little angel was left over from that original angel card. (in order to make that one 3-D, I printed it twice, one of which I had cut out then raised the "frame" with foam tape). Again I inked and sanded to distress her.  I should have photographed the inside of the card. It is the same red as the flower and has small polka dots. Very shabby chic!!
 
Thanks for taking a look at my not-so-great card. Hopefully I get some time tomorrow to spend in my "workshop"!!  If not, I do have photos to share......... Man I am so not gonna be able to turn off the brain tonight. See ya'll tomorrow 

No comments: