Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"BEE" Happy


Don't worry, BEE Happy!!!!  And Happy I am.  I love this card!!!!!  About time don'tcha think??  

Once again I received my inspiration from the design team at PaperTrey Ink.... Not one, but two of the ladies had created this super cute bee hive.  I wasn't even aware that I had a cute little bumble bee stamp.  The photos really doesn't do this card justice. For some reason the leaves on the branches look weird.  

I first created the dots on the yellow bee hive paper using a stamp set from PTI. Next, I cut it into strips, each one 1/4 inch shorter than the previous strip.  I rounded the corners with a corner rounding punch.  The branch is from a retired SU set, as is the letter "B".  For the yellow flowers, I first stamped them but was not happy with the stamp I used. Therefore, I used a small flower punch on a transparent, yellow 3-ring binder, divider and finished them with a small yellow rhinestone.  The bee was stamped twice, once in yellow and once in black.  I then stamped the bee onto a yellow piece of scratch paper, cut it out and mounted it with a small dimensional.  

Today was a 1/2 day at school, so I am headed up make some more "BEE HIVES".......

No comments: