Thursday, May 22, 2008

Childhood Dream


Man o Man I am on a roll now..  This card was created using one of the Level 3 hostess sets from Stampin Up......   I earned the level 3 with my very own personal order.  After you sign up to become a SU demonstrator you are given a 30% discount on your first order. Obviously I took full advantage of that.  That was months ago and I am still trying to get all of the stamp sets cut out.  It has taken so long because I end up with a bruise on my finger from cutting those things out. See there is pain in stampin!!  

I really like that this set comes with coordinating sentiments to be used on the inside of the card.  This one says:  Your finally older......... Happy Birthday!!  All of the materials used on this card are stampin up with the exception of the Marvy Uchida punches.  The flowers and dots on the red cardstock are stamped with a stamp from a different set... I really like the dimensions of this card 6" x 5 1/2" and it opens from the bottom.  

I received an amazing phone call from my husband today.  He called to inform me that he made Senior Chief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (E9 being the highest enlisted rank).. That is a really bit deal and not everyone gets promoted. I believe there were only 30 advanced in his rate (EOD is it's own rate now, so 30 advanced out of the entire Navy EOD community)... A package is submitted and your package goes to a board of superiors who compare you against everyone else and then they rank you, He was # 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Ya gettin the picture.  

I sure with he was here.... He left first week of January and should be home the first week of July. We will celebrate then...........................  

Thanks for taking a peek into my little world  ;o)

No comments: