Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Little Houses


B   All I can say is that I have been a very busy girl! I am very excited about this coming weekend. March 8 is Feste Della Donne (the celebration of women) and it is a big deal here in Italy.  Restaurants usually have a complete set menu for the evening, complete with, Anti-pasta, salad, bread, first course, second course, desserts, wine ect. The menu will have several items prepared with mimosa flowers. Men walk up randomly and hand you sprigs of Mimosa Branches and everyone says "Augori" (congratulations).  I love it ;o)  In Hawaii, we also celebrated girls and boys days but they were of Asian decent.  Seems as though everyone around the world celebrates this "Sacred" day with the exception of we Americans. HMMMMM!!!!!  
A group of ladies and I will be going to Alphio's Ristorante to be wined and dined, complete with entertainment.  We will also have a small gift exchange, which brings me to today's post. My gift is going to be a set of greeting cards! I know, can ya believe the luck? I get so excited when I have an actual reason to create something.  Just this week I received an amazing care package from my friend Linda (we went to elementary and high school together). I was giddy with excitement at the opportunity to play with some of my new papers and embellishments. I won't post all of the cards so as not to ruin the suprise for some lucky recipient, but I wanted to show you some of what I have been doing.  The set contains six coordinating cards with matching envelopes. I am using one of the clear plastic boxes that originally housed a new stamp set from Papertrey Ink. The outside of the box will have a coordinating band and I am using the Marvy Uchida punches to make a label. I plan on using the new Just Hatched set (PTI). I will post a photo on Sat or Sun to show the completed project. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek..............................................................................................................................................................
Supplies:
Stamps: right at home-SU
Paper: very vanilla-SU (the patterned paper is not marked but I am researching to find out who made it), the frame is by Julia Designing Memories-rembrandt
Inks: basic black, positively pink, ballet blue, sage shadow, old olive, gable green, bliss blue, almost amethyst, mauve mist, creamy caramel, bordering blue, mellow moss, chocolate chip, cameo coral-SU  I also used the old decorative chalks by SU
Embellishments: Karen Foster Brass heirlooms, Ribbon:Aqua Mist 1/2" Satin-PTI

No comments: