Saturday, February 18, 2012

Vintage Buttons


Today's card was created during my hiatus from blogging


Here is a closer look at the dimension and a
plethora of DETAILS

Inked and distressed the patterned papers before I used a loose zigzag stitch around the outside and a tight zigzag across the center. Not all of the buttons were vintage, however, some of them are and a few came off of old clothing that my husband had thrown in the garbage. The Mason Jar stamp was found during a shopping trip to a local antique's store.
If you look closely at this photo you can see that I colored the lid with Copic Markers, glued a piece of crochet lace then popped it up with foam squares.

Short and Sweet but I'm headed to dinner to celebrate my 23rd Wedding Anniversary

7 comments:

Tenny Kusuma said...

Such a pretty card Justine. I LOVE all the details. Happy anniversary..and I hope you have a wonderful time. Glad to see you back. Tenny

Julie Foote said...

Great Card, love the detail. Happy Anniversary and Glad to see you crafting again.

Hugs!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

I am so excited to see you back!!!Missed you!!!Hugs!!!

~amy~ said...

okay...love it and I can't believe you found that stamp at an antique store...I've been all about mason jars...love love love this!

Jacilynn said...

now this is cute! love the buttons...a lot
:)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Happy Anniversary, Justine. Your card is gorgeous!
Loving all the fabulous detailing and spectacular design.

Helen F. said...

GREAT card, Justine! Thanks for sharing your fun ideas.
Happy Anniversary to you both!!