Thursday, February 24, 2011

This OLD MAN...........


This "OLD MAN"
he played six, he played knick knack with some stix
with a Knick Knack paddy wack
give the dog a bone
this OLD MAN came rolling ("stumbling") home

Does anyone else remember that or did I just show my age?

MOXIE FAB is hosting a "Stamping with Markers Challenge" and I am hoping to WIN the new "E" set of Copics. Want to play along? You have until March 16

This old man from "You Know You're Old When" by Gina K Designs is one of the funnest stamp sets to color with my Copic Markers. I have so much fun shading, highlighting and making their wrinkles look as realistic as possible.

I wish I had taken a photo of the fun beer assortment that I put together for this gift; they had some fun labels. I'm not a beer drinker but my recipient loves Beer so I hope this is the perfect gift

CHALLENGES I AM ENTERING
Moxie Fab World: Stamping with Markers Challenge
One Stitch at a Time: Anything but Square
Paper Sundaes: Masculine Colors (does not have to be masculine)

....................Supplies I used....................
Stamps: Gina K (you know your old when, beautiful backgrounds by Nina Brackett)
Ink: Copic Markers, Momento (tuxedo black)
Cardstock: Paper Trey Ink (scarlett jewel, kraft), Gina K (dark brown, olive, cream,), Stampin Up (close to cocoa)
Tools: Paper Trey Ink (limitless layers 1 3/4" collection)

23 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Justine, this is so cute! I am sure they will love it... I wish I could go to your sale!

Mina said...

lol I love it Justine and yes I remember that rythme but then Im older than you lol...what a fantastic present
Mina xxx

Cecelia said...

Hello there;0) This is too cute! I love that old man! I sure do remember that song and even sing it to my children. This is a great gift! Hope you had a great week;0)

Hugs x
Cecelia B

Donna said...

Brilliant tag Justine and perfectly coloured! I remember this rhyme too...saddo that I am lol! :) Donna x

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh my (giggling) what a fun gift that that "old man" in your life. This is just TOO good. Love the way you decorated that tag to attach to a gift any guy would love! =) Fantastic.

Cindy Haffner said...

So COOL Justine!!

Golden said...

I like the 'old man'! I am going to have to break down and buy some more stamps. He is just adorable. I so need to learn to use markers. You do such wonderful work!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Justine, you always do such a fabulous job on your packaging. What an clever gift!

Erin Smetak said...

LOVE THIS!!!!! I'm crossing my fingers that you win that E set!!!!! Keep me posted!!!

Cami said...

OMG Justine, this is just too, too cute! As soon as I saw the title, I thought of this song! So funny! It's so cute and that's a very nice gift pack you put together! I'm still chuckling over this old man! Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Cami

Helen F. said...

Such a fun card and tag, Justine! Love the colors and the Old Man image is a hoot!

Alica said...

SO cool! Great tag - perfect for the beer present! ;)
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you so much for playing with us at OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya.

Jayne said...

This is great Justine, awesome idea and perfect image for it! Thanks for joining us this week at OSAAT.

Joan Ervin said...

What an adorable image and your coloring is fabulous!!!! This is such a great guy gift and the *party animal* image goes perfect with the beer...some special guy is really going to love this!!!!

Melissa Sauls said...

LOL this is AWESOME!!! I love this idea!! My "old man" would actually probably like this too, SUPER clever!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Justine, this is just adorable!! Your coloring is brilliant hun!! I love this!!HUGS

Denise Marzec said...

HAHAHAHAHA! That's FUNNY!!....the tag AND your fun "stumbling home" poem!!

Christine said...

Ack, now you've got me singing it! LOL... what a fun card, love it! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Justine! Thanks for entering the Stamping with Markers challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

This really put a smile on my face! Adorable!
visiting from Moxie Fab World. :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

It's unusual for you to go this long w/o posting... is everything okay?

Carla said...

Hey lady, this fantastic. My DH would LOVE this. So what is keeping you preoccupied these days?