Thursday, August 13, 2009

Twisted Thursday #21




It's Thursday
Let's get
"TWISTED"

The Ladies with Attitude had a wonderful response to last week's "Twisted Thursday" sketch challenge. This week I've pulled out a Sassy little Chef (SG 154 Chef). First she was heat embossed and colored with Copics. I wish that you could see more of the details, but, I ate the cakes that I used as a prop, so these photos will have to suffice. Nonetheless, The top portion of frosting is a thick layer of pink stickles, her hat, the middle candle and one of the frosting layers has Angel Wingz Shimmerz (white), the darker layer of frosting has pink Shimmerz. Lavender CS was ran through the Cuttlebug using a polka dot embossing plate from Stampin Up. This week's TWIST is to ADD 4 BRADS...... Because the back of the brads are so bulky, I mounted the entire purple, polka dotted base up on foam squares. We all know that I am the Queen of using what I have since Michael's is NOT an option, right? Therefore, you know when you punch out your red rubber, foam mounted stamps??? That left over foam is what I used for large projects or to add more heighth!! Simply pull off the red rubber, peel off the brown layer and now both the top and bottom of your foam are sticky (I still use craft glue on the less sticky side).



The "TWISTED" Details:
  1. Create a project using today's Sketch pattern
  2. Add the TWIST by using "4 BRADS"
  3. Upload your project to your blog or favorite gallery (S2GSC21 & shirleys2girls)
  4. Link your project to ---------> Mrs. LINKY <---------
  5. Deadline Wednesday, Aug 19 (midnight PST)
Check out what the other Ladies with Attitude have "Twisted" up


.............Supplies I used............
Stamps: Shirley's 2 Girls (Chef SG 154)
Paper: Paper Trey Ink (bitty dot basics, scarlet, lavender moon, white), Stampin Up (elegant eggplant)
ink: Stampin Up (versa mark), Copic Markers
Tools: Cuttlebug, Stampin Up ( heat gun, polka dot embossing plate)
Misc: Stampin Up (black embossing powder), Making Memories (crystyl brads in lavender)

6 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome detailing and colors, girlfriend! This is such a fun, happy, birthday card Super job.

Stef H said...

what a fun image and fabulous colors!!! you do know that calories are gone the minute the box is opened don't you?????? my kind of cake!

hugs,

Anonymous said...

FAB job girl! isnt she fun? i like what Stef said...calories gond after opening box...LOL

Mina said...

oh if only that were true Justine lol...fabulous card love it...I sent you an email about the measurements for the image you asked about
Mina xxx

NinaB said...

I've finally caught up on post-vacation chores and can now enjoy visiting my friends' blogs and feast my eyes on some eye candy. I love how your card turned out with your color combo. I don't think I've ever tried those colors together, but you totally did a great job.

Erin Smetak said...

Great card, Justine! How did you do the Shimmerz on each of those little pieces? Do tell!

Yumilicious!!!!!