Saturday, August 15, 2009

Do these Diapers make my butt look big??



I woke up this morning with a funny feeling that I might had won something from Verve Stamp company. Sure enough!!! My name was at the very top of the WINNERS list over on their Splitcoast Stampers forum. Actually I won a new stamp set and two new singles that were just released last night. Not totally sure what category I won because Verve was celebrating their 2nd anniversary and had SO MANY contests going on, Which brings me to this sweet little card. I created it for a baby shower that I attended last night and I had used one of Verve's Anniversary Sketch challenges.

The stamps are by Shirley's 2 Girls (SG67 I'm Here) and that baby's diaper just screams to either be paper pieced or blinged out with glitter, dontcha think? I did paper piece his penant. The diaper script that I stamped onto his flag is from another set (Mother Knows Best), however the sentiment on the inside comes with this baby. I did alter it by inking and stamping in segments in order for it to fit onto that oval. (click on the photos for a bigger view)
On the inside of the card, I used one of the Martha Stewart punches over the Stampin Up scallop border punch. I folded my card so that the front is shorter than the back which allows the borders to peek out but not the ovals. If you haven't gone over to ABC Toys & Crafts lately, head over and check out all of the Newly Released Martha Stewart punches. Inkadinkado stamps & Prima Flowers are on sale at a 20% discount but that sale ends TODAY
REMINDER, the DEADLINE for the TWISTED THURSDAY sketch challenges have been EXTENDED
..............Supplies I used...............
Stamps: Shirley's 2 Girls (i'm here, mother knows best)
Ink: Momento (tuxedo black), Copic Markers
Paper: Stampin Up (bliss blue, whisper white), Gina K Designs (pure luxury white), DP ?
Misc: Making Memories (blue ribbon), Stampin Up (square button, foam squares)
Tools: Stampin Up (mini dot embossing plate, scallop border punch), Cuttlebug, Martha Stewart punch, Marvy Ucida scalloped oval punches

6 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

LOL...what a funny title for this great baby card! Congrats on the Verve win! Free stuff is always awesome...I look forward to seeing what you create with you winnings!

Erin Smetak said...

Wahoo! Congrats on winning the Verve stuff!!!! Can't wait to see what you create!!!!

Very nice baby card too! Love the title! How funny!

Chris said...

Justine,
adorable card!
however, I live in fear that I may be saying that about myself in the not to distant future, lol.

Heidi said...

You are a lucky duck Justine- I loved some of those releases at Vervey.

Cute card too- it is funny!

Stef H said...

well this is certainly a WINNER in my book! fabulous & congrats!

hugs,

Mina said...

I love this card its fabulous Justine, fantastic image and the text made me smile...brilliant
Mina xxx