Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Shirley's 2 Girls 222 Challenge








THINK COLOR!


THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!


What: S2G 222 Challenge (2nd 2uesday 2:00 pst)
Starts: NOW
Due Date: April 21st at 2:00 p.m. (pst)


"Mary, Mary, quite contrary…
how does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells
And pretty maids all in a row.


Use this Nursery Rhyme for a jumping off point...being young...carefree...open your mind and get creative!

The color palette is...Lavender, Orange, Lime, Black and White.


The due date is April 21st at 2:00pm…

After you have finished your piece...post it to your BLOG...& SCS...then link it to our"linkie"...(HERE) The WINNER will be chosen by S2G & the DT members... their project will also be posted in our Gallery, on the S2G Blog and recieve $22.00 in Attitude Gratitude.

GOOD LUCK!

Now that you have all the deets...Do you need some inspiration to get you going?

Here's my Project. I made a Boxed set of 3x3 note cards using the color palette and a cute new digi image by shirleys2girls. Isn't she just beautiful? I tried to capture a photo so that you can see that I used some green and purple SMOOCHES along with some Shimmerz and Rhinestones for earrings!!! Rather than the recipient try and smoosh the cards into envelopes, I punched a small hole into upper back, left, corner. I cut six strips of white, taffeta ribbon which I placed under the cards. This way the cards can be attached directly to a gift bag or tied into a ribbon on a boxed gift.....

MORE MORE MORE........
Check out what the rest of the Design Team has got up their sleeves to help motivate and inspire you.
Erin
Pat
Joy
Debbie
Shelley
Karolyn

7 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Outstandling, Justine! You rocked the challenge!

Debbie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this set! This is so amazing!

Anonymous said...

BLOWN AWAY!!! wow...wow...wow! guess we kinda like it! D & K

Jaspere said...

You went to town on this challenge. Luv it!!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

OMGosh!! So pretty and elegant! The embossed background on each of these beautiful cards is the perfect finishing touch. The flowers, beautiful DP - it's all so perfectly matched and beautiful!! You ROCKED this my friend!!

Brandi said...

How fabulous is this!!! I just wanted to let you know I have a little something for you on my blog! Please stop by and check it out!

Smiles,

Brandi

Kristine (the girls) said...

I was 'blurfing' (can't believe I even know that word)...anyway...go to your blog and was blown away once again...this is absolutely fab...you are definitely a STAR!!!

Hugs to you...Kristine