Saturday, March 7, 2009

Honey of a Day



Thank you so much for giving me a little break. I needed time to allow the sting of rejection to ease just a bit. While I was gone, I received a Fantastic Email from the owner (Denise) of Whimsy Stamps. I was offered a GUEST DESIGNER position. You read that right! ME, she sought me out and I have eagerly accepted to be the GUEST DESIGNER for December.............

DECEMBER is forever away but ya'll know me well enough by now to know that December would be the month of choice. I mean did ya just wanna barf if I uploaded another Christmas card or what? Gives me the time I need to perfect this Copic phenomenon and who knows, by December there will probably be some other FAD within the Stamping World.....

I honestly did not do a whole loteof stamping this week but I did create a card and enter the Mojo Monday 76 challenge. I created this little Honey Bee card. The stamp set is from one of the newely released sets by SU and the ribbon is the newest color from PTI called "New Leaf"

I colored the image using Copic markers. The little bees were first stamped, colored, cut out then mounted so that they appear to be hovering. The squares were cut using my cuttlebug and Scalloped Square Nestabilities.

I found a bit of Mojo today so I hope that my little time out has not caused you to write me off. I promise some exciting challenges and even some BLOG CANDY in the future. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit me today.
...................Recipe..................
Stampin' Up! : Buzzin By stamp set, scallop edge punch
Paper Trey Ink: cardstock and satin ribbon (New Leaf), Button, Polka Dot DP
Tools: Spelbinders (Nestabilities square scallop), Provo Craft (Cuttlebug),
K&Company: (DP berry)

2 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Yeah! I am so happy that you got picked! Told yah you got talent!!

Speaking of talent, love the new card. Great colors and coloring. The new ribbon is gorgeous.

Jaspere said...

Congrats on your guest spot. December will be here before you know it.