Saturday, February 21, 2009

Viva La Rooster



Time is running out for This month's Viva La Verve weekly challenges. Lucky for you time is running out before I fall asleep sitting up holding this computer...... So I'll get straight to the point

Today's card is based on February's Week 1 Sketch with a Twist. The twist was to add some form of embossing. I placed my DP into the Textile embossing folder and ran it through the Cuttlebug. I then sanded the raised areas to create more of a distressed appearance. I also inked the edges with white ink. I cut the ovals using my Cricut and again ran the larger oval through the Cuttlebug using the Textile folder again. This time I inverted the embossed image to give it a bit of contrast. Both oval were sponged around the edges with brown ink. The Rooster was heat embossed using black embossing powder.

I added a printed cotton ribbon a few brads and Finito..............

................Recipe.................
Stamps: Rustic Rooster (Stampin Up)

3 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous! Awesome design, Justine!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love that rooster, and great job with the sketch!

Paper Is Cheaper Than Therapy said...

Justine, love this card! It has such a cute country feel to it which I love! Worn and vintage-y, just perfect.