Monday, February 23, 2009

Sweet New Baby




Whew I actually finished all four of the Viva La Verve Sketch challenges for February. Ordinarily you would do one per week. Nah, not me, I work best under pressure, of course the only pressure is what I put upon myself. I do not have to do this but it is fun and the prize for this month is the entire new release................ With a deadline date of Feb 27, I started my projects on Friday and have now have them all uploaded to my SCS gallery with a few days to spare.

Today's card is from week 2 sketch and the "twist" for this challenge was no DP could be used.... Not a problem, I absolutely love to create my own paper and my all time favorite stamp set is Polka Dot Basics. My card base is Lemon Tart. I stamped the large open circles in the matching ink. The Large pink circle was cut using my Cricut then I Zig Zag stitch it to the center very slowly!!! I cut strips of yellow cs and a smaller white strip. I used a retired SU stamp for the little baby (I believe that stamp is from Terrific Tags or Terrific tags 2). The ovals were also cut using the Cricut. I stamped a smaller version of the open circles in Lemon Zest onto the white oval. I then stamped the baby carriage in black and colored it in just a bit. I had some left over scraps from the Teacher's Treat Box that I featured a few weeks ago, which is what I used to stamp the carriage again. I then cut it out. I also stamped and cut out one of the babies. I layered and adhered them to the white oval. The ovals were then mounted using foam squares.

This card measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"......................
Thanks for stopping by today. Drop back in soon, I have several fun cards to share with you this week.

................Recipe.................
PaperTrey Ink: Lemon Tart-ink, cardstock, ribbon, Polka Dot Basics stamp set
Stampin' Up!: Fun and Fast Notes Stamp set, Pretty in Pink cardstock and ink, retired baby stamp, Whisper White cardstock
Tools: Cricut, sewing machine
Bling: My Favorite Things rhinestones

2 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Yummy colors, Justine. Very cute baby card. Love the baby carriage image. (I think you may have enabled me to get a Cricut.)

Stephanie said...

No DP? that's a hard challenge but you did a wonderful job - gorgeous card & I love the yellow / pink combo x