Thursday, January 29, 2009

Viva La Verve week 4



I almost missed the deadline on this sketch challenge. In order to be entered into the drawing for FREE stamps by Verve, you must enter all of the sketch challenges for the month. Take a look at how well I followed the Sketch this time. (Argh, Conformity) But Yea, I made the deadline so wish me LUCK. Free is sounding pretty good especially since I will only be working on Friday of this week and it is a 1/2 day to boot!!! No work=No Pay!!!

This card was very difficult to photograph and I pretty much stink at photo editing. The pink hearts in the middle just kept dominating, appearing almost electric. However, the sentiment appeared dull as though it were set off in the distance. Weird! You'll just have to trust me that this is a beautiful card. The card base is Certainly Celery but WOW check out the DP!! I embossed it using a paisley embossing folder then sanded it to really make them pop. Pretty cool IRL!! Did you really think I could create a card without Polka Dots?? I did! Was just about to type that there was no ribbon or Polka Dots and WOO HOO, there it is being used as one of my layers.

This card had a twist which was to add flowers. They could be anything you wanted but I am not much of an add a flower kinda girl. My flower is the little ribbon slide in the center of the baby heart to which I added a teeny piece of hot pink ribbon. This card has quit a bit of dimension. The sentiment is raised on some new Italian foam squares. These squares are taller than the ones by SU. The larger heart is flush on the card but the other two are both mounted on SU foam squares.

Sorry to end so quickly but I have a hair appointment. BTW, Dave Brown, this is one of the cards for YOU!!

6 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

OMG, this is gorgeous! Hope you win! Your S2G header looks great!

Lorraine Robertson said...

Gorgeous card honey & I love the effect you created with the embossing...

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

jacque4u2c said...

AWESOME! I just love the colors!

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

I love this card!so detailed.

David Brown said...

Thank you, Justine! It is perfect!!

DB

Stephanie said...

What a fabulous card!!
Your comment on my blog made me chuckle - you saucy minx LOL xxx