Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A turtle for today, since I am slow in posting




I don't even know what to say today. I mean what can compare to being asked to be on a Design Team? I have been a card creating crazy woman. Well not just cards. Today I worked on several little box designs to be used for Valentine Treats. I think I only completed one. Not sure what was wrong with me, I just kept miscalculating my measurements. So frustrating to waste cs!!

So here is an update on how my Copic Coloring is coming along. I felt so clever combinging these stamp sets. The palm trees are from the retired SU "Do the Hula", the turtle is from the retired SU Hostess set "older & wiser", The string and triangles for the banner are PTI "celebration". I used one of the triangle banner flags as a birthday hat for my turtle and embellished it with a little star rhinestone to compliment the little stars on his "hat". I sponged the sky and the sand but I used Copics to color the trees, and the turtle. I also used them to draw my grass (freehand). I created the little birthday sign by stamping and heat embossing the sentiment and then cutting a rectangle and giving the top a bit of curve. The corners are also rounded..

I decided to snap a photo of what my craft table looked like while I was working on this card. No way I could tell you what colors I used. Might be easier to look in the boxes and say which ones I didn't use!! I am probably going to run out of ink faster than I am supposed to also. You would not believe how much ink I use trying to blend. One of the nice attributes for getting the GinaK Designs 120lb cardstock was that the Copics didn't soak through to the other side, therefore eliminating the need to stack or layer after coloring......... WELL, so far I have gone through everytime.......

That is all for me today, my hubby just got home from work and is heading to bed so I better go say hello......... See ya'll tomorrow for some Valentine FUN.

8 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

Beautiful card. I love the little turtle!

Andrea Clayton said...

So cute! I just love that little turtle and sad I never got that set. Your coloring looks great!

Erin said...

I right clicked on the logo and saved it to my desktop as an image...I made a new post and inserted the logo as an image (jpg file) into the post...just like you do when you are inserting a picture of a card into a post...That was it...as far as putting the logo on the sidebar, I added a picture under the layout tab and inserted the picture there and added a link to the Shirleys2Girls website...let me know if you need any help, I am always happy to help!! Erin

Pat (mspfd) said...

Hey Justine, I just emailed you! Hope the info helps. I absolutely adore your card! What a fab scene! So cool!

Joy said...

hi Justine, thanks for stopping by my blog, I can't wait to work with you fabulous gals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Your card is adorable! I love the little turtle with the party hat and the banner between the palm trees! So creative and fun!

Silly Skittles said...

Hi Justine! Just wanted to stop by and say thank you so much for taking the time to drop me a line on my blog! I'm glad that you liked the CHA updates! I wish you were there too - it would have been great to meet more fun people!

Congratulations on being chosen to be on a Design Team! I haven't been a member of mine for very long, but it's SO much fun!!! Good luck with the copics! I get to go to a certification class in March so hopefully I won't be so hopeless on my colouring!!!

I will be sure to check in on you here! Hope to talk to you soon!

Catherine aka SillySkittles

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the peep into your work station - great work with the copics!! & congrats on DT status - whoop!! xxx