Monday, December 29, 2008

Santa brought me COPICS



Of course "He" brought me Copics!!!! I never doubted it for a second.... Now if he could teach me to use them we would be in business ;o( Another fact I did not doubt would be how tricky they were going to be to use... For months now I have been studying and researching these markers and one of my favorite blogs is

http://www.ilikemarkers.blogspot.com

I started out stamping one of the images from "Crazy for Cupcakes" by Stampin' UP! I first stamped it using Stazon ink on the white cardstock from PaperTrey Ink. Supposedly this is permanant ink!!!!!!! HMMMM Even though I heat set the image, I was still getting feathering and smearing. Later research has shown that I should try another ink!!!!!!!!

All in all, I think my first (second to be honest) attempt was somewhat successful.......... I have Copic sets "B" and "D"....(2 blender pens with a refill, this stuff is a MUST HAVE) I plan on adding A & C to my collection SOON........ Anyone out there have any advice on inks, papers or technique please fire away. I need all the help I can get.

I will leave you with an image of Dave, Adam and I enjoying a JAM session of Rock Band 2

No comments: