Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas, A challenge and A Tutorial











Wow what a fantastic, wonderful Christmas Day this has been......... Just having my husband home was a huge blessing ......... Since everyone has gone to bed with content smiles across their faces, I thought I would steal a few moments alone to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and share a card that I created for the sketch challenge of the week over at PaperCraft Planet...... At first I felt hindered by the sketch challenges but I am really starting to enjoy them. Kinda fun to see what your own take on a sketch can become. For this card I pulled out the retired "Do the Hula" stamp set by SU. I don't think I will ever be able to part with that set. Not sure who manufactured the Sentiment stamp. I purchased it in Hawaii.

I also wanted to share an altered tin that I created late last night!!! Grandpa Joe sent the kids each a gift card and I wanted a fun and unique way to present it to them. Not to mention a way for them to remember his gift long after the cards have been spent. I printed out a small version of his 2008 Christmas photo, trimmed it down and it sat up nicely inside the tins. These tins are the ones that I had ordered from PTI to create the teachers' gift tag sets but didn't end up using.

Here's what I used:

2 - Red pieces and 2 coordinating pattered pieces of cardstock 3 3/4" x 2 1/4" corners rounded 1 - White strip 3/4" x 3 3/4" 1 - White strip 3/4" x 2 1/4" corners rounded on the lower 2 corners 1 - Black strip 2 1/4" x 1/2" 1 - Silver 1/2" x 3/4" 1 - Black square very small for the center of belt buckle 2 - Black holes from regular hole punch 1 - White scalloped edge with the upper ends rounded (I used my large purple Marvy Uchida scalloped circle punch) 1 - Black and White ribbon adhered with double sided red line tape

Piece all of the pieces together and adhere with a quick drying glue.................. So Simple, So Fast, SO CUTE!!

No comments: