Monday, December 8, 2008

Old St. Nick

Happy Monday Everyone...

This was a special request card that I created for a co-worker. I was thrilled to be given the challenge of creating a Vintage/Victorian Santa card for a dear friend of his. (Don't you just love a man that thinks outside the box and doesn't run out and grab an unoriginal, last minute, store bought card????)) No that isn't a jab at anyone, believe me, my DH knows not to make me an after thought. Quit the contrary since two of my best clients are men.

Thank you Mr. B and Mr. W for trusting me to create gifts/cards for the special people in your lives.

Back to the card----------- I printed out the Santa and started cutting him out and decided that I liked the way he looked when only partially cut out. I also did not adhere the tree part to the card in order to give it a more 3 dimensional look. I inked the edged of the Santa and the post card then distressed them using the side of my scissors. Since he is tied up with a ribbon, I used the sentiment "Friends are the true gift of the season". I stamped that on an oval tag that coordinated with the striped trim then added a holly stamp and completed the look by coloring in the leaves and using red stickles for the berries. I just love when you open a card and there is more than just a sentiment. The finished card measured 5 1/2 square so I created a custom envelope. Presentation is EVERYTHING!!!

That is it for me today. Since I am not subbing anymore this week, I plan on spending my time in my "craft room". Stop back in soon, hopefully I will have some Christmas gifts created that I can share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to be one of your best customers...for cards like yours, I have no problem paying a little extra for the quality and beauty!!! Well worth it!