Saturday, December 20, 2008

HAVE YOU HEARD????



Have no clue what my title is talking about??

Then check out this:



According to Nichole, the owner of PaperTrey Ink, the project I submitted is worthy of Guest Star Stamper status... (click here to see) Scroll down to the category titled "Best Use of Past Stamp Set". I think that is the category but the card set was created using the brand new set 2008 Holiday Tags. Did I not just mention recently that set was my new favorite?????

Prior to discovering my name in "LIGHTS" at PTI, I also realized that I had been mentioned over at the "Card of the Week" website.....!!!!!!!!!!

Today's card is one I submitted to PaperTrey Ink and was the birthday card for my son Adam. Although it didn't win, he thinks it is a great card. Now that I look at it, there are things that I would change but it wasn't actually created for a contest and I knew he would love that I spent time designing a card just for him. He really thinks the "Port Hole Window" is super cool. You cannot tell in this photo but it is lined with a piece of acetate.

The stamp set Men of Life was released by PTI in November. When I saw that little anchor stamp, I was SOLD. What active duty Navy family is complete without a cute little nautical stamp set?? The little raised anchor circles remind me of the buttons on the Enlisted Sailor's Dress Blues Pants (the ones where the top has the sailor flap).

Now that school is out for Christmas (winter) break, I hope to get lots of stamping and fresh new projects created and uploaded to share. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy this last weekend before Christmas........
.................Recipe................
stamps: Men of Life (papertrey Ink)
cardstock: kraft, white, men of life patterened paper (PaperTrey Ink), real red, not quite navy (Stampin' Up!) and a piece of scrap acetate
ink: not quite navy, real red, basic black (Stampin' Up!)
tools: square scallop, ticket corner, 3/4" circle punches (Stampin' Up!), super jumbo circle scallop punch (Marvy Uchida)

No comments: