Sunday, December 21, 2008

Challenge attempt #2






A few days ago I shared the angels singing card that I had created for the Island Paperie Challenge only to discover that what I created actually had nothing to do with what was supposed to have been my inspiration. Therefore, this is the card that I created.

I first stamped the hibiscus onto the pink card base with versamark ink, distressed the edges and added a torn piece of paper across the bottom. I wanted my "Surfboard" to be larger than the stamp than I had so I created a template. I stamped my little surfboard, colored it with markers, distressed it, cut it out and adhered to the larger "Surfboard".

I stamped the hibiscus in two seperate colors and cut them out and distressed them as well as highlighing with markers. The yellow flower is mounted with foam tape. I stamped the fern cut it out and adhered.

The twill tape was stamped and the edges frayed. I used my eyelet setting tools to create the holes in the fabric and set eyelets.

As "Old Man Winter" casts his wrath across the states and Canada, I keep reading how my blogging friends are without power and just down right COLD... So I am glad to spread a little ALOHA. Sending warm thoughts from the Island of Sicily (it's reached 70 here today)......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Goodness. JUSTINE!!!!!!!! This is AWESOME!!! I absolutely LOVE this!!! You're so creative!