Saturday, November 29, 2008

Santa Baby


I love creating Christmas cards and I love to create them using Non-traditional colors.  Not sure if you can tell but the dark color on this card is actually a textured eggplant which is why I tied in the perfectly plum polka dot ribbon (PTI) I stamped Santa in a craft white ink and then added a super fine white glitter while it was still wet.  Rather than white it is a light lavender!!!!! That was pleasantly unexpected.  The snowflakes are stamped with aqua mist then heat embossed with rainbow sparkle embossing powder.....

If you have not already discovered PaperCraft Planet, I would like to cordially invite you to check it out.  Between that website and other blogs, I think I may actually be spending more time cruising the internet vs. making my cards ;o(  Are you guys aware of just how many challenges and blog candies there are out there?  Would love to know how everyone else manages their creative time or am I the only blog stalker???  I will be back tomorrow, thanks for taking the time to check out my blog..
..................Recipe.....................
stamps: santa baby(basic grey), polka dot basics (PaperTrey Ink), snow swirled and limited edition Country living snowflakes( Stampin' Up!)
ink: craft white (SU), Aqua Mist (PTI)
paper: whisper white (SU), Aqua Mist(PTI), eggplant (?)
ribbon: Aqua Mist cross grain ribbon, Plum Pudding polka dot satin (PTI)
tools: marvy uchida scallop circle blue, ticket corner punch, heat tool(SU)
misc: rainbow sparkle embossing powder(hero arts)

2 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

I love non traditional colours for Christmas! This is fabulous...great colours and design!

Golden said...

The colors work well together.
You're Amazing.