Thursday, October 9, 2008

"Santa, I know him!!!!!"


If you didn't already know, my title is a quote from the movie "ELF".... I just love Will Farrell and yes I make my poor family watch that movie often......... =0)  
This card was a color challenge posted over the weekend over at Gina K Designs during her new stamp release.  The challenge was that everything had to be Red and White with one other color incorporated.  

Isn't he cute? I actually started out stamping him and trying to color him in using a water color technique. OBVIOUSLY that didn't work out.......... 

The rectangle white was cut first using my Cutterpede with the wavy blade. Second, I embossed it using the Cuttlebug with the Filigree embossing folder. Did you notice the Red Square???? That was cut and embossed using my NEW Nestabilities............ WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!

Nestabilities took be a trial attempt or two but WOW, so much fun and so EASY.  I covered the ugly water colored attempt by paper piecing.  I stamped Santa two more times. Once on the polka dot paper and again on white. I cut the pieces out, adhered them, colored his face, then added a little "Stickles" glitter glue.  I Stamped the wreath on a green and white polka dot paper, cut it out and adhered it using a dimensional.  Again I added some red "Stickles" for the red berries.  

If anyone knows where I can replenish my supply of this ribbon, please let me know.  I purchased it at Ben Franklin in Hawaii................. Isn't it YUMMY...........?

I subbed again today and will tomorrow so I appologize for being so brief but I can hear a Pizza calling out to me.
..................................................................
paper: whisper white, real red, designer hostess paper stack (SU-retired)
ink:basic black (SU)
stamps: Believe (PTI)
Misc:, Cuttlebug (provo craft), cutterpede, marvy uchida punch, nestabilities large scalloped squares(spellbinder), ribbon (?) Stickles glitter,

No comments: