Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Finally a Masculine Card


WHEW, it appears to have taken me a few extra days to recover. That isn't necessarily the case but I had no idea that I had not posted since Sunday. I did sub the last two days so that was keeping me busy but I am also still having the weird computer glitches. I have downloaded a second web browser. The new one has allowed me to be able to compose emails and submit cards for possible publication. However, I am having to switch between the two depending on what I am doing. So strange for a MAC to be behaving so badly and we know it has absolutely nothing to do with operator error...........

This card actually began life as a Christmas Card...... I think this may be the extent of my abilities to create a masculine card though. I am also trying to use up so many of the little scraps that are sitting all over my table. I have no idea what to do with them. I tend to punch out different shapes and then never use them. I have several containers for these particular items but once they go in, they never seem to make it back out. The circle punches were just laying around but I think they add a funky little flair but check out those little MEN. Are they not the cutest?? They are rub-ons and it was hard for me to keep from creating overkill and put the entire sheet on one card. Using rub-ons is usually difficult for me because I feel as though I am cheating. Anyone else feel that way? I decided to give them a little more focus since so many of the cards in the idea books are using them. Regardless, I still feel as though I am cheating.

Wow, I just remembered that I received my new issue of PaperCraft so I will definately be back tomorrow but for tonight I am going to go see what all of these designers have given me for a little eye candy. Ciao Ciao
..............Recipe..............
paper:SU, Basic Grey
Ink: SU, Ranger
Stamps:PTI
Ribbon:PTI
Punches, SU 1 3/8" circle
Rub-ons: 7 Gypsies

1 comment:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Great guy card! Love the circles and I have the same problem with them never coming out again. I finally put them with the scraps of the same colour...sometimes it works LOL! And I always feel "guilty" using rub ons. But I used to feel guilty using non SU anything. That's not an issue anymore LOL!