Sunday, October 5, 2008

Boxed Spring Garden








Happy World Card Making Day =o)

The official day was yesterday but Everyday is Card Making Day in my World.......

This has been the busiest Sunday. Strange kind of busy too.  One of the bajillion odd things that I did today was to "Change the Spark Plugs" on my SUV........ I know Weird, but I absolutely LOVE to work on cars.  I had to scrub my hands like crazy afterwards so as to not make finger prints on my cardstock.  Sunday is always my change the sheets day. Actually, I strip the beds, wash the sheets and put them right back on. I detest folding and putting away sheets.

I re-potted several trees and plants, changed the wood chips in the landscaping, cut the grass, made cards, took a long walk with my daughter, uploaded and edited photos, made dinner, watched a movie with the family...... Doesn't sound like much now =0(

Before I resigned, a coworker asked me to create a set of 12 cards with a gift box that he could give to his niece.   These are the cards that I created, not just once but twice.  I didn't care for the first set. They were boring.  I love that they all coordinate but are not exactly the same.  
I used Polka Dot basics (PTI) on the card base and the wide scalloped strips.  The center green and pink strips were pierced using the sewing machine without thread.  I scored them using a stylus and the center of the cutter ridge on my paper cutter.  The polka dot, die cut flowers were cut using my Cricut and the the stamped flowers were stamped and then cut out.  For the flower stems, I used scraps of left over cardstock.

I purchased the box in February at the Navy Exchange and now wish that I had purchased more.  For all of the scalloped edges, I used my Cutterpede paper cutter.  I didn't snap a photo but I had also made a really cute yellow embossed gift card with a ribbon tied around the center and a little tag attached with a gold safety pin.  

I will be back to post the photos of my "Craft Room/Workshop" in the morning.  I am spending way too much time correcting typos. Must be from all that manual labor today. Enjoy your Sunday.
........................................................................
paper: whisper white, certainly celery, wild wasabi, always artichoke, positively pink, yo yo yellow, pacific point (SU), Ella butter blossom (BoBunny), Berry Sweet (K&Co)
ink: yo yo yellow, so saffron, positively pink, pacific point, wild wasabi (SU)
stamps: Stitched exotics, friendship blossoms (SU), Polka Dot Basics, Just Hatched (PTI),
misc: Ribbon-bella kids(Making Memories), sweet blush ribbon (PTI), framed brads (Deja Views), Rhinestones, silk flowers (?), buttons, linen thread (SU)
tools: cricut and cuttlebug, filigree embossing folder (provo craft), cutterpede(EK Success), Sewing Machine, flower punch, ribbon punch(SU), circle and oval scallop punches(marvy uchida)

3 comments:

SusanBluerobot said...

wow wonderful

Niki Estes said...

Great card set, Justine. I love the box, especially the layered sentiment!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Wonderful cards and a gorgeous box!