Friday, September 26, 2008

2nd post for Today- scroll down to see the 1st one


Obviously blogging and stamping are now my NEW life. 2 posts in one day! That used to be unthinkable.  Hopefully this one will be a "Quickie"!!!  My eyes feel like they are going to burn outta my head and two glasses of vino is way too much for me!! I'll have to post the photo my loving husband snapped of me laying in the middle of the kitchen floor with my feet under the stove. I think he thought I might have been passed out (from two glasses?). Nah, not that big of a light weight, I was trying to warm my feet up while I cooked a frozen pizza...... OK so that is another story and I will have lots of random personal photos to share tomorrow.  

This layout was inspired by a fellow blogger named Laura. Check out her blog:

http://scrapnextras.com/scrapnextras

Surely you will see where I receive so much of my inspiration.  So on to this very festive card. I only wish that I had more of these little birds, he is my last one. :o(  I'm also hoping that I have a never ending supply of this patterned paper. Seems to be one of my favorites along with the scallop circle punches!! Great investment!!  I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE polka dots, so take a look at the square that is stamped with love, joy, peace.  It is double mounted but the part I love are the way I varied the sized of the dots!!!!  I created those using two different sized styluses, as well as, variation in the amount of pressure I used when touching the paper. The dots are acrylic paint.  When I lived in Hawaii, treating myself to regular pedicures was such a special treat.  Of course they always created little flowers using the same paint and stylus technique and then added a little rhinestones bling in the middle.  I can feel my brain starting to click, not about cards, but I think I could paint little flowers on my toes, O WAIT !!!! Maybe I could stamp them w/STAYZON and then fill it in with paint.  I'll let ya know how that works for me................  

That is all I have for tonight, I am beat..... Blog stalking is hard work - Aloha Friday Everyone
....................................................................................
paper: close to cocoa (su), 2 sided patterned paper-Holly Collection by Crate Paper
ink: Chocolate Chip(SU)
stamps and spring moss ribbon (PTI)
Marvy Uchida punches and delta acrylic paint

1 comment:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful Justine! Love your card and all the dots! I recall my dd having a Pedicure kit and that's exactly how they showed to do flowers! I'm thrilled to know I had a part inspiring this beauty!