Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday EMILY



Today is my daughter Emily's birthday.  She is 19 and in Munich, Germany celebrating at Oktoberfest!!!!  How cool is that??  I am not a beer drinker but to have an opportunity to be where all the action is  would be FUN.  One of her best friends from Hawaii just moved there to attend the university.  Can you just imagine the two of them?? Yikes, things a mother probably ought not ponder.  I miss her, I wish she would call so that I could tell her Happy Birthday.  She has called twice. Once to tell us that she lost her cell phone and again yesterday from a pay phone but we were cut off .  She didn't call back!!  O well......

I hope that you have gotten a chance to look through the new slide show, there are several shots of  her.  I took them  a few minutes before we left for the airport.  I have a few more to upload but I can't figure out how to transfer the files from Dave's computer to mine.  Yeah, we could do it the old fashioned way using a thumb drive but I was hoping to just use the bluetooth capabilities.  It is easy to transfer photos from the phones but going from one Mac to another isn't as simple apparently. Have I mentioned that I am a little technologically challenged??   

Moving on to this yummy little card......... When I created it, I thought Wedding but whose to say it couldn't be a Birthday Cake?  I wonder if I could think of some clever way to add  a pretty little 19 to the top???? But wait, I have the Cake stamps from Papertrey Inc!!!  Obviously I haven't made a card for Em yet. I did giver her, her gift. It was a pink, patton purse by LUNA (Italian Designer)..... Alright back to the card.  First I stamped flourishes onto the pink card base and again onto cream.  I cut the vanilla into 3 different sized rectangles, rounded the corners, inked the edges, adhered them together, added some glitter, embellished with flowers and beaded ribbon.  The little random pearls were pulled off of a store bought card that was lying around.   I didn't have any envelopes this size so I created one using a coordinating patterned paper.  Finished size is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"..........

Well that's it for me. Sorry to have left you hangin yesterday.  I spent a little too much time shopping on the internet.  =0) See ya tomorrow.........................................................................
..........................................................................................
Paper: Sweet blush(PTI), Very Vanilla(SU)
ink: Sweet Blush(pti)
stamps: autumn leaves(i think)
ivory paper flowers(my moments), ultra fine crystal glitter(stamps & memories), organdy  and scrap ribbon,

No comments: