Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lady Bug Lady Bug



Yesterday was a weird day. I was in such a blah mood and didn't accomplish anything. I could have been stamping but I kept feeling like there was something that I needed to be doing.  I did finally get packages mailed out to my sisters, that's something!!!  They both have birthdays coming up.

I tell ya, there are so many great bloggers out there and I end up spending so darn much time visiting them everyday.  So much talent!!!  Speaking of talent, on the 14th of every month at midnight (est), PaperTrey Ink releases their new stamps, papers, ribbons and numerous other supplies.  If you are not familiar with their products, I highly encourage you to visit their site.  The owner/founder is Nichole Heady and she is one talented and creative person!  Her blog http://www.nicholeheady.typepad.com is a MUST visit for you other stampers.............. (no I am not being paid to endorse her or her products, just sharing something that excites me)

I can't remember the time difference from Sicily to the East coast. Is it 6 or 7 hours?  Nonetheless, I plan on getting up and joining in on the fun via PTI forum. Who knows maybe I will get to Cyber Meet a few of these gals that I blog stalk. LOL

Alrighty on to my card........ Not sure that I am completely satisfied yet or not. This little bug needs something. Should I add some little white dots for antennas? Should I stamp the twill with a little sentiment? Can you tell that her wings are 3-D? They actually flutter.  Her body was created using an oval punch and the wings by using a scalloped oval punch then cutting them in half.  For the photo corners, I used a scalloped square punch then cut that in half also.  I again reached for Polka Dot Basics (PTI) to stamp the card base. Not sure if it shows in the photo but the black card stock was also stamped with solid dots using versa mark.  The inside is stamped with a curvy sentiment that reads "Thoughts of you flutter by on the breeze"

Check back with me tomorrow for a little Christmas Spirit!!!
..............................................................................................................
stamps: polka dot basics (PTI)
paper: dark valentine dots(Chatter Box), sweet blush(PTI), whisper white, basic black(SU), pink w/navy dots, embossed pink paper(? they didn't mark their paper)
embellishments: sweet blush twill tape(PTI), rhinestones(?)
tools: marvy uchida punches

No comments: