Monday, July 14, 2008

Hummingbird



Happy Monday everyone.  Isn't it funny how those dreaded Monday's become just another day when you don't have to go to work?  I love summer break ;o)

This card came about in the oddest of ways. I actually started out creating a victorian type card with greens and pinks and ended up with this.   The little hummingbird was first stamped in black on an distressed orange piece of paper and cut out. I stamped it a second time on the polka dot paper and cut out just the wings.  Using TomTom glue I adhered the wings onto the first hummingbird to give him some contrast. He is adhered to the card using 1/2 a pop up glue dot.  I had a complete brain lapse when I created the holes for his flight trail. I forgot to use a craft needle and instead used  a paper piercer.  The holes are too big and thus created a sloppy look.  The dark brown cardstock was created by stamping flowers in chocolate chip.  Tan cardstock was first stamped with a dot stamp from PTI with watermark stamp pad.  Flowers and swirls were then stamped in the corner.  The rhinestone brad, cardstock, inks and all other stamps are by  StampinUp.

When I decide what occasion this card will be used for, I will create a little tag and attach it to the ribbon with a small safety pin.   I can't  wait to share an altered item that I created today, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow :o(  

1 comment:

Golden said...

LOVE THIS SO MUCH. Goodness gracious! Gosh, does that sound to hick. I'm an Okie. Anyways, these are awesome. I love the wings.