Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sailboat


Trying to broaden my comfort zone a bit lately and look outside the box.  Making cards for kids doesn't appear to be something that I tend to do very often, therefore, I am doing a bit of experimenting.  At first, I really was not happy with this card at all, however, it is growing on me.  Being a wee bit of a perfectionist (ok alot AR), I was looking at the mis-proportions (don't think that is how you spell that word)  of the sailboat and cringing.  The more I look at it, the more I am liking those "flaws".  

This paper is so much fun and I purchased it with the hopes of doing some little boy cards.  The yellow piece of the boat, I stamped with polka dots to create my own patterned paper.  The green & white striped triangle was actually a party hat from the Celebrations stamp set, which is also where the Happy birthday stamp came from.  Both the Celebrations and Polka Dots are from PTI.  Not going to go into a full recipe since I have to be up in a few short hours for work. ARGH!!! Is summer break ever going to get here?????????????

No comments: