Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Amazing


No Cub Scouts or baseball this evening so, Finally, I was able to sit down and create.  I don't think I actually completed anything though.  Although we didn't have our regular activities, there were the phone calls from David (yes I drop everything just to get to talk to him), OOO and yes dinner, ice cream and WRESTLING.  My son thinks it is so cool that his mom gets so into it and even knows all the wrestlers by name. I have such a competative spirit that it doesn't matter what the sport.  

This entire card was created using Stampin Up products.  OOps, I take that back, the silk flowers are not SU but everything else is.  I love this stamp set, it is so versatile.  It also has coordinating sets that can be purchased seperately. The little flower buckle has a recessed groove that I filled with Tombo glue and then dipped into super fine glitter.  The "Amazing" word was stamped twice, without re-inking to give it a shadow effect.  

Back to the silk flowers..... They were part of a care package that I received from my friend Vickie.  She and I have never actually met in person.  We met through Ebay when I would comment on her auctions that she had posted.  She and I have such similar taste and I have bid on several of her auctions but I always get outbid. Over the course of time and many exchanged emails, we have developed a wonderful friendship.  She knew how hard it has been for me to obtain so many of my supplies and decided that she would be supporting her troops by supporting their families ;o)  I  AGREE!!!!!! God bless my amazing friends.......  Not only do they send me goodies but they always think to add suprises into the boxes for Adam.  My friend Michelle has even sent a care package to my husband.  He was so appreciative that he made a hand-made card to thank her.

I have said it before and I will say it again---------

        "Friends are the family that God allows us to choose for ourselves"

No comments: