Saturday, March 1, 2008

Just Hatched


No post yesterday because I actually left the confines of my house to hang out with some other ladies! We met at the theater and watched "Juno". I had actually contemplated not going since the subject of a pregnant teenager that gives her baby up for adoption hit unbelievably close to home. My daughter Emily had told me how much she loved the movie and the soundtrack so I went. Although I cried ALOT, I loved the movie. I cried for many reasons, but mostly because I miss my girls and wished we could have seen it together.  After the movie we went back to a girlfriends house, ate chili, opened up many bottles of Vino while sitting around the fire pit gabbing.  It was much needed for me.

 I love chocolate easter bunnies and it seems that each year I base my Easter cards on this fact.  I love the concept of this little bunny hatching and wanted so badly to use the new stamp set by Papertrey Ink, Just Hatched!  I used acrylic paints on the edges of the bunny to give him some depth and I used a moist sponge to blend the clouds and grass.  
The next one I do, I will probably use more of a water color effect for the background. I didn't like the harshness that the stamps presented.   Since I couldn't incorporate the "Just Hatched" stamp on the front I placed it on the inside. Again the images are not as crisp and do not do the card justice so if anyone has any advice, please leave me a comment. Going up to create a "Movie Night in a box" as a birthday gift.

..........................................................................................................................................................................
Supplies:
Paper: Stampin Up-confetti white, close to cocoa, bashful blue (the patterned paper came in a pack that I ordered off of ebay but have no idea who the manufacturer is) 
Brads: Making Memories
Ink: Stampin Up-bliss blue, basic black, night of navy, certainly celery  Tsukineko-lime versa mark
Stamps: Papertrey Ink: just hatched, borders & corners (oval), Stampin Up-crayola kids
Tools: Cricut by Provo Craft, mega scalloped oval-Marvy Uchida, hole punches 

No comments: