Monday, March 24, 2008

1st Sketch Challenge


I am officially entering my first sketch challenge!!!  I though this one would be a great starter since the theme was Simplicity.  Apparently simplicity is a challenge for me.  I always feel as though I need to do more!!  

The sketch that I was to follow was to have an image coming from one of the 4 sides with a simple sentiment in the middle.  It had to be one diminsional, no layering and minimal embellishments if any.  The idea was to "not think to much and keep it simple" RIGHT. LOL

I am so happy with the way that this card turned out. Unfortunately, when the scan does not do it justice.  The card itself is a Tiffany blue color.  The Angel and flourishes are actually very light in person with the sentiment being more bold.  

This angel was purchased on ebay but she has a clear stampin up 2004 sticker on her.  I have no idea what set she is from and I cannot find her in any of my past catalogs.  The sentiment does not have a clear sticker and no embossing to tell me what company designed it.  The paper was purchased at Price Busters and came in a clear zippered bag, again no company name. Alot of the items from Price Busters come from Oriental Trading. Man o Man I miss Price Busters, the hours I could spend in there. I miss being able to purchase those little island / tropical themed things for my decor'!!!! Anyone want to go shopping for me??? Think Sea Grass!!!  Italians aren't really into anything but well Italian..........

I am working on another card for a second challenge that is due tomorrow!! Actually I haven't started it! It is going to be gorgeous. It is Victorian!!! I will post it tomorrow when I finish.

  Wish me luck, I so want to win...................


1 comment:

Lauren (mytime) said...

See that is fabulous! Simple and elegant!! Thanks for playing!