Thursday, January 27, 2011

2nd Entry - Moxie Fab Neutrals Color Challenge



Have I mentioned how badly I want to be considered
?? MOXIE FAB ??

MOXIE FAB WORLD
NEUTRALS COLOR CHALLENGE


The challenge is to use this color combo EXACTLY: French Vanilla, Twig, Smoky
NO PROBLEM since I happen to think this Color Combo is super Yummolicious AND because
I want that "I'm a Moxie Fab Challenge Winner" button for my blog. Of course being the MOXIEST of ALL would get me published in the July/August 2011 issue of
Paper Crafts Magazine.

Complete Details
----> HERE <----



Here is a close up of a few details showing what I've done
My baby was colored using Copic Markers. I used two different kinds of glitter. A very fine glitter for the background behind my baby and a chunckier glitter for the fur. I've used 4 different Dies: Spellbinders (circle, snowflake & mittens) and Paper Trey Ink (the pointy circle).
I dyed my seam binding in a cup of hot tea (YES I drank it afterwards ;o),

The crochet lacey stuff is a Vintage Find that I purchased at an Antique store for $1 and I straight stitched it to my project along the top and bottom.

CHALLENGES I USED:
Moxie Fab World: Neutrals Color Combo Challenge
Flourishes: Bringing Back Beautiful (show some VINTAGE Beauty on your project - I used the vintage crochet lace)
Simon Says Stamp & Show: A Childhood Memorie (my mother would bundle my sister and I up in two piece snow suits and I loved the mittens that we had, they were attached with a long piece of yarn and ran from one arm hole through the other so they wouldn't get lost)
.....................Supplies I used.................
Stamps: Crafty Secrets
Cardstock: Stampin Up (shimmery white, baja breeze)
Patterened Papers: Basic Grey (fruitcake)
Tools: Spellbinders (snowflake, circle, mittens), Paper Trey Ink (1 3/4" Limitless Layer Circle Dies), Stampin Up (scallop border punch)
Misc: seam binding, vintage lace, button from Italy, Jute twine

13 comments:

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

De-LISH, chica!! That little snow baby is just about the sweetest little one I've seen in a long time. I used to have a snow suit like hers . . . many, many moons ago! LOL Still crossing fingers that you win!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...this is gorgeous. Love all the detail and the beautiful lacey borders and vintage lace. AWESOME creation...a real work of art!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Justine your card is Darling hun!!! Love the colors and the image you used!! Beautiful job :)

Hope you are doing well, miss ya!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Pat (mspfd) said...

Awesome card, Justine! Hope you win!! (I sent you an email with the info about printing.)

Erin Smetak said...

What a great card!!! LOVE those mittens and that lace! YUM!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhhh so PRETTY!

Anonymous said...

So super sweet!! Love the colors!! :)

Karen B. said...

You are quite creative to enter twice into the Neutrals Challenge! This card is adorable and I really like the panel treatment on your card below. Bravo!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Looks like you're on a roll with that delicious color combo! This one is sweet as can be with the baby and the mittens. Good luck with your quest to be a Moxie Fab winner and thanks again for joining in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Adorable image and I love how you added the mittens!! Too cute!

Terry said...

Wow what a wonderfull creation you made, love the colors and the image is sooo cute, absolutely fabulous coloring and colors. Thank you for sharing it with us on the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge blog. Hugs Terry xxx

Denise Marzec said...

Very pretty! I love the mittens behind the ribbon!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Justine! Thanks again for entering the Neutrals Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! :)