Sunday, February 21, 2010

Birthday Bear wants YOU


I recently challenged the design team of ABC Toys & Crafts with the theme
"Birthday"

No other requirements than to be creative &
let the word "Birthday" inspire you!!
Each day this week one of us will share our project with you on the
ABC Design Blog.



We would LOVE it if you would join us in this Challenge
find
MR. LINKY HERE
Deadline to enter your project is
Saturday, February 27th @ 12pm EST


Random number generator will be used to pick the WINNER of a $10 store credit to
ABC Toys & Crafts

ABOUT MY CARD: Since I am stateside at the moment, I will be brief.

This bear image by is one of my favorites by Stampabilities (party preparations bear). Each time I play with him, I find a different way to accent that big balloon, not to mention, coloring him is so much fun. Perhaps it is his wispy little fur or how the areas to be shaded are designed into the image that camouflage any coloring imperfections. I dunno, I just know I love him. I LOVE me some buttons! I used Paper Trey Ink buttons, HOWEVER, I see that ABC has the matching buttons for the Basic Grey Lemonade paper I used. Rather than use them for my balloon, I placed them down the side of my card and used glossy accents over the colored balloon. I was so pleased with myself for FINALLY using those fun little metal pieces with the "Happy Birthday" sentiment. Just one of the many items I love to HOARD!!! Make sure to click on the photos & links below to find the ABC products that I used.
OTHER CHALLENGES I USED:
Crafty Creations: Stitching (I did this all around the edges)
Saturday Spotlight: Messy (I distressed the edges using my fingernail and also inked the edges of my main image then lightly sponged ink around the bear)
...........Supplies I used.............
Stamps: Stampabilities (party prepartations)
Ink: Copic markers, momento black ink, Stampin Up (close to cocoa, robin hood red)
Paper: Basic Grey (lemonade), Stampin Up (eggplant, naturals white)
Misc: Paper Trey ink (buttons),
Making Memories (birthday metal embellishments)

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That bear image is just too adorable!! :) Love your pretty coloring and layout sweetie!! I have missed seeing your creations!! HUGS

Cindy Haffner said...

He is ADORABLE.

Gina Lindsay said...

So cute! I am loving anything with a balloon these days. I also love your row of buttons.

Stef H said...

hey chica!! stateside????? close to illinois???? would love to meet up but then, the snow is blowing - crap!

fabulous card. love the colors. if & when u settle in the states u best be sure to let me have ALL the necessary info! you hear me????

hugs ♥

Mina said...

hes such a cutie Justine, love the card such lush colours too
Mina xxx

Erin Smetak said...

Your card is so cute!!!! I love it!

NinaB said...

You're already stateside. Did I miss something? Enjoy your time there :-). Your card is so cute.

Maria Matter said...

Hope all is going well here in the states for you hun!
Gorgeous little bear card!!!
Blessings, Maria

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Very cute Justine!!!

Saskia said...

Oooh... so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with your lovely work! Good luck!

Saskia :)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl!! Thank you so much for adding this to the Saturday Spotlight challenge! I think it's fantastic and I adore that image!! :) BIG HUGS

Dawn B. said...

Terrific job.. So glad you added it to the Saturday Spotlight.. It is perfect for the challenge.. Thanks for joining this week.

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in our stitching challenge at Crafty Creations. Great Project! Cheers Claire x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I am so glad you entered this creation into the Sat. Spotlight Challenge!! Your distressing and stitching is awesome!! Thanks for joining us this week!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a cutie! Adorable birthday card!! How are you doing?

Helen F. said...

Yes, I agree, this bear is just too cute! Your card does him a whole lotta justice~fabulous coloring, DP and buttons, Justine :-P

Sandy said...

Fantastic...lovely card, cute image fun challenge!!!

~Tonya said...

What a SWEET Card, Justine! I am sure the other gals will have some neat cards as well!

Have a great day.
~Tonya

Jane Wetzel said...

oh no..I WANT this bear at my party...toooo cute!

Jacilynn said...

ooh, love your card!
I was looking for your email address to send you my email since I was the winner! mine is jacijangy at yahoo dot com. Thanks,
Jacilynn

Melisa Waldorf said...

He is so cute! Great BD card!

Audrey said...

Adorable. I love all the buttons and that bear is super cute. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Terrific card Justine! That image is fabulous and so is the DP. The buttons nicely top it off. Great job on the "pastel" challenge. So happy you could have some fun with us at Pile it On this week.

Piali said...

Fabulous Justine!!! Love your coloring..Thanks for joining PIO.
Miss you Girl!
hugs
Piali.