Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Special Valentine Treat & a CHALLENGE


I recently "Challenged" the ABC Design Team to create a project using this theme

I love you....... "Sweetheart"

No other requirements than to be creative & "interpret I love you....... Sweetheart"!!
Each day this week one of us will share our project with you on the ABC Design Blog.


Would you like to join in on our "CHALLENGE"?
Mr. Linky will be
-----> HERE
<----- Deadline to enter your project is Saturday, February 6th @ 12pm EST

Random number generator will be used to pick the WINNER of a $10 store credit to
ABC Toys & Crafts

My inspiration came from this tutorial by Beate -----> HERE
I used the following dimentions for my container: 4 1/4" x 11" (this way I was able to just cut my cardstock in 1/2).

How about my little 3"x 3" card ? My son just stated that he would like me to make more of these so that he can give them to his teachers. ( out of the mouth of a 12 year old boy.... How is that for a "SWEET HEART")
Here are a few photos showing some of the steps in creating these fun projects



Challenges:
ABC Toys & Crafts: I love you "Sweetheart"
Verve: Tags, Tins & Treats
A Spoonful of Sugar: Freestyle
No time to Stamp: Bleeding Hearts-use red & a heart
Hand Full of Stamps: I give you my Heart-use a heart
Little Red Wagon: Hearts
...........Suppies I used.............
Stamps: Hero Arts (Whoo loves you), My Cute Stamps (Sweet chocolate)
Paper: Papertrey Ink (red), Stampin Up (naturals white, chocolate chip) Bazzill (brown orange peel texture)
Ink: Papertrey Ink (dark chocolate), Stampin Up (close to cocoa, riding hood red)
Tools: Spellbinders (Scalloped square Nestabilities), Cuttlebug, Stylus, 1/8" hole punch, Marvy Uchida (heart punch)
Misc: Papertrey Ink (Glassine bag), ribbon






15 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Your son is a sweetie! Love both projects, Justine! I could kill for some chocolate right now!

Cindy Haffner said...

Justine love this, great colors.

Stef H said...

super as always. so you liked my teddy - and yes, she's mine. email me if you want her.

hugs :)

Joanne said...

Very sweet! Thanks for joining us at LRW:)
Joanne xo

Lori said...

Lovin this project! I'm gonna have to check out that tutorial! And such a cute 3 x 3 :D Your son is such a sweetie too!!!
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a darling Valentine project! Love it! Thanks much for playing the Stamp Simply Challenge this week!!!

Sandy said...

I love the little pop up heart...thanx for the link...great projects...I love th heart border punch...cute~

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Such a sweet project!!Thanks for sharing!!!

Mina said...

wow wow wow Justine...these are fantastic, love them
Mina xxx

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is adorable. I sure hope that I feel better and can play along. I hope you feel better too. You've GOT to be ok for the return of your hubby. Sending well wishes your way!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is so very sweet...you surely got the challenge right. It's an awesome creation.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Justine, this is sooooo cute! Anyone would love to receive it! ( Do u need my addy? LOL!)

Jennifer Scull said...

that is just as cute as can be! I love it! :)

Unknown said...

This is so cute!!! Thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
Trish

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a fabulous little project!